Lactobacillus bulgaricus or L. bulgaricus was given its name because it was discovered in Bulgarian yogurt by Stamen Grigorov, a Bulgarian physician and microbiologist.
Bulgaria is known as the homeland of yogurt and it was a Russian scientist, Ilya Metchinkoff who linked the longevity of the Bulgarian people to eating yogurt. Metchinkoff proposed that Lactobacillus bulgaricus bacteria was beneficial in boosting immunity and treating many health conditions.
Yogurt can work for some but, for those who are lactose intolerant or prefer a dairy-free option, Doctor's Biome provides the benefits of L. bulgaricus without having to consume unnecessary added sugars and calories that is present in most readily available yogurt.
Early-stage research suggests that they may play a role in managing the following health conditions:¹
- liver disease
- diarrhea caused by antibiotics
- inflammatory bowel disease
- atopic dermatitis (eczema)
- periodontal disease and other oral health problems
Doctor's Biome contains L. bulgaricus, along with 14 other patented, scientifically backed strains of probiotics. We suggest taking Doctor's Biome on an empty stomach or at least 30-60 minutes before a meal for optimal health boosting results.
- 27 Billion CFUs (colony forming units) in each serving (bottle)
- 15 scientifically backed strains
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, alcohol-free, soy-free, no preservatives or fillers