Bifidobacterium bifidum or B. bifidum belongs to a bacteria group that is naturally found in the intestines and stomach.
There are several studies¹ suggesting that B. bifidum can significantly treat the following conditions:
- infection by Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori)
- irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- restoration of intestinal bacteria after chemotherapy
- lung infections
- ulcerative colitis
- certain kinds of diarrhea
- necrotizing enterocolitis, a type of infection in the intestinal lining caused by harmful bacteria
- pouchitis, a complication of surgery for ulcerative colitis
A double-blind, placebo controlled study in 2011 suggested that B. bifidum significantly alleviates IBS and improves the quality of life.²
Although there is still much more research needed to conclusively use B. bifidum as a treatment to the above mentioned conditions, it can be helpful as a dietary supplement in blocking the growth of harmful bacteria in the digestive system.
Doctor's Biome contains active, living cultures of B. bifidum along with 14 other scientifically backed strains of probiotics. We suggest taking Doctor's Biome on an empty stomach or at least 30-60 minutes before a meal for optimal health boosting results because there is less residual acid in the stomach, allowing more of the probiotics to survive the harsh acidity of your stomach and attach to your gut lining.
- 27 Billion CFUs (colony forming units) in each serving (bottle)
- 15 scientifically backed strains
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, alcohol-free, soy-free, no preservatives or fillers
- No refrigeration required - but does extend shelf-life